Dave Murphy –
5 Important things to know about me:
1. I have been married for 27 years and have 2 grown children
2. I do not attend any structured church (denomination)
3. I have lived my entire life in the deep south but have traveled extensively
4. I was born into poverty but today live what our society would deem a successful lifestyle.
5. I cherish every breath and my happy place is outdoors, living & experiencing life.
How do these 5 important things help us better see you as the Beloved that you are?
1. This has been my identity – I have a very deeply committed relationship and have tried to be an example and provider for my family.
2. I truly committed my life to Christ is 2013 but haven’t found a place to worship that reflects my experience in meeting Christ. I desire community.
3. I am seeking understanding and I am willing to challenge my own instincts.
4. I am not sure how to answer how this makes me beloved but I feel it is an important aspect of my desire to take this journey. Perhaps the self-awareness is key.
5. I try never to take anything for granted.
How can these 5 important things help us know how to care for you as we start this journey together?
1. I have a spirit of loyalty.
2. I am seeking a better understanding as well as a greater ability to extend grace as I have been extended grace.
3. Daily I have to “unwind” the cultural teachings of my youth. My travels as an adult has given me a unique ability to test this ideological misguiding and reshape my thought patterns.
4. #4 is very telling of my personality – I often find myself living in a space I don’t feel as though I fit into or belong.
5. I tend to be a bit private and reserved; soft spoken.